Aug 23, 2021
Wireless Software Engineer (L2/L3)
EU / Middle East
Full Time – Permanent Employment
OQ Technology is looking for a candidate for a Wireless Software Engineer (L2/L3) to assume a leading role in a multi-disciplinary team at one of its facilities (Luxembourg, Greece and KSA) to actively participate in the technical development activities of designing a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication and participate in building and launching our first satellite.
You will be the principal investigator and developer for the MAC and protocol layers of OQ Technology satellite network. In addition, you will also be working on various software stack development beyond the MAC layer for L2 and L2 layers. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
- Develop the system design, analyze, and optimize the MAC layer of OQ Technology satellite network
- Develop the system design, analyze and optimize the RLC and RRC layers of OQ Technology satellite network
- Define control and data parts, MAC interfaces, and procedures including network entry, power saving, etc.
- Develop efficient PHY/MAC software for embedded systems
- Understand the PHY layer design for efficient cross-layer optimization as well as for implementing key features of the full communications protocol stack
- Design and implement channel and QoS aware scheduling algorithms, and refine them as more data from operating the real network becomes available
- Participate in implementation, architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback.
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- 3+ years of experience with PHY/MAC software development for 3GPP based protocols such as LTE or NB-IoT or 5G-NR, etc.
- Experience in ARM/embedded software development (C/C++)
- 3+ years of experience in designing wireless MAC, RLC and RRC layer system aspects, including interfaces, processes, scheduler, power saving, channel priority handling, link adaptation etc.
- Understanding of network layer components such as IPv4, IPv6, Mobile IP, routing, forwarding, etc.
- Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion
- Good professional spoken and written English
Software Skills: C/C++, embedded software programming, MATLAB, NS-3
Contact: Please send your CV and any other documents supporting your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org