Aug 23, 2021
Wireless Software Engineer (L2/L3)
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications to the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to on-board a talented Wireless SW Engineer (L2/L3).
You will be the principal investigator and developer for the MAC and protocol layers of OQ Technology satellite network. In addition, you will also be working on various software stack development beyond the MAC layer for L2 and L2 layers. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
Luxembourg, Greece or Saudi Arabia
Full Time – Permanent Employment
- Develop the system design, analyze, and optimize the MAC layer of OQ Technology satellite network
- Develop the system design, analyze and optimize the RLC and RRC layers of OQ Technology satellite network
- Define control and data parts, MAC interfaces, and procedures including network entry, power saving, etc.
- Develop efficient PHY/MAC software for embedded systems
- Understand the PHY layer design for efficient cross-layer optimization as well as for implementing key features of the full communications protocol stack
- Design and implement channel and QoS aware scheduling algorithms, and refine them as more data from operating the real network becomes available
- Participate in implementation, architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback.
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- 3+ years of experience with PHY/MAC software development for 3GPP based protocols such as LTE or NB-IoT or 5G-NR, etc.
- Experience in ARM/embedded software development (C/C++)
- 3+ years of experience in designing wireless MAC, RLC and RRC layer system aspects, including interfaces, processes, scheduler, power saving, channel priority handling, link adaptation etc.
- Understanding of network layer components such as IPv4, IPv6, Mobile IP, routing, forwarding, etc.
- Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion
- Good professional spoken and written English Software Skills: C/C++, embedded software programming, MATLAB, NS-3
You will have the best experience of your life with our team! We are a dynamic and adventurous company working on historic mission and we will offer you:
- Attractive financial package with bonus plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Flexible working place and hours
- Pension and health and accident insurance
- Food and shopping vouchers
- The opportunity to travel globally and meet our customers & partners and work from any of our global offices in Europe, Africa, and Middle East
- Training and development opportunities
- Leadership skills and independent decision making
- Flat hierarchy
- Visa sponsorship
- Friendly and healthy working environment
- Access to latest hi-tech facilities and tools
- Paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Paid relocation leave
*Benefits are negotiated on a case-by-case basis based on relevant experience and skills.