May 2, 2023
Telecom Systems Architect
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital-backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications for the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and for extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to onboard a talented Telecom Systems Architect.
You will be the Principal System Architect for the wireless telecommunication modem working on system architecture aspects of the Physical layer and MAC layer and will be responsible for all the technical development activities of OQ Technology’s payload and user terminals. You will also work closely with external partners. We are working on building cutting-edge end-to-end prototype & trial systems for satellite and ground networks. These will be used not only to prove new technology ideas and features but also to provide a platform for early demonstrations with top-tier infrastructure vendors and operators around the world. We are looking for a self-starter and motivated individual who wants to take his/her technical experience to the next level. Someone who likes to combine practical hands-on work with new algorithmic approaches and fast development. You will be contributing to the latest ideas and developments in wireless technology and working with world-leading experts to shape the future of wireless communication.
Full Time – Permanent Employment
- Design and implement (hands-on) features on the Physical and MAC layers of the full telecommunication software stack including the digital part and baseband processing part.
- Implementation of the digital signal processing algorithms using C/C++, and MATLAB.
- Design modem system (including physical layer procedures performance) based on wireless standards and product requirements and set system performance targets for wireless subsystems.
- Design and implement transceiver digital baseband processing after RF phase up to the final detection.
- Manage the development of the full telecommunication software stack.
- Interface with the RF front-end hardware supplier to ensure consistency of telecom solution architecture with modem system requirements, such as RF performance, system control architecture, HW /SW interface architectures, and long-term technology roadmaps.
- Develop system performance models and drive cross-functional system engineering tasks related to system performance optimization.
- Assume a leading role in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers with a wide range of skill sets including but not limited to: software development, firmware development, hardware development, data analysis, and RF design.
- Lead technical discussions with external suppliers and contracting companies.
- Prepare the management and technical documentation for project reviews.
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- 5+ years of experience multi-disciplinary experience in wireless R&D, hardware-software co-development focused on the PHY and MAC layer of radio technologies, baseband digital communications engineering, algorithm and protocol development, and RF engineering for transceivers, physical layer modeling, simulations, and design, e.g. physical layer procedures, algorithm development for layer 1 signal processing, link level systems modeling, etc.
- Experience with 4G and/or 5G and other 3GPP standards.
- Demonstrated background in physical layer systems engineering including requirements analysis and algorithm modeling.
- Proven technical leadership and management qualities for extensive R&D in the industry.
- Proven knowledge and experience in management and development of receiver digital part, DSP algorithms, Software Defined Radios, Baseband engineering, RF Engineering activities, and software stack development
- Relevant technical publications in the forms of patents and/or technical journals with international
Software Skills: Software Skills: C/C++, MATLAB, ARM technology
You will have the best experience of your life with our team! We are a dynamic and adventurous company working on a historic mission and we will offer you:
- Attractive financial package with bonus plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Flexible working place and hour
- Pension and health and accident insurance
- Food and shopping vouchers
- The opportunity to travel globally and meet our customers & partners and work from any of our global offices in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East
- Training and development opportunities
- Leadership skills and independent decision making
- Flat hierarchy
- Visa sponsorship
- Friendly and healthy working environment
- Access to the latest hi-tech facilities and tools
- Paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Paid relocation leave
*Benefits are negotiated on a case-by-case basis based on relevant experience and skills.