May 2, 2023
Spacecraft Systems Engineer
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications to the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to on-board a talented Spacecraft System Engineer who will oversee the development and launching of our fleet of nanosatellites.
Directly reporting to our dynamic CTO, you will lead the design, procurement, assembly and testing of a large satellite constellation and make sure all launch activities and in orbit flight and testing are successful.
Luxembourg, Greece or Saudi Arabia
Full Time – Permanent Employment
- Support system concept development, system architecture development, system and subsystem requirements development, systems analysis and trade studies, and systems modeling and simulation (PDR/CDR).
- Identify requirements, participate in design activities, and lead assembly, integration, and test activities (AIT).
- Track mission and system configuration information (such as mass properties, power, TT&C, OBDH and performance data) or writing complex specifications and interface control documents (ICD/IRD).
- Produce and maintain system budgets (power, volume, memory, mass … etc).
- Participate and oversee functional and environmental test campaigns by reviewing requirements, test specifications, planning, costing, risk assessment, test execution and verification control.
- Project management, Project planning and test tracking.
- Preparation of management and technical documentation for project reviews.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with mechanical and/or electrical design of small satellite systems in industry or academia (title depends on seniority level).
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical design AIT/AIV process of small satellite systems in industry or academia
- M.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of spacecraft operations and related ground systems preferred
- Experience with CubeSat projects.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Self-starter who works with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Knowledge in these tools is advantageous: Satellite Toolkit STK, MATLAB, NASTRAN, SysML, C++ or Python.