Jul 14, 2023
Project and Bid Manager
Project and Bid Manager
With our groundbreaking satellite 5G constellation, OQ Technology is a global leader in the domain of IoT communication connectivity and associated services. We are a venture capital backed company with a successful track record of satellite launches and the first company in the world to disrupt the telecommunication industry by merging cellular 5G with satellites.
Our technology will have massive implications to the Oil & Gas, Maritime, Industry 4.0, and Transport segments, particularly for the management and tracking of assets in remote and rural areas and extending 5G coverage through non-terrestrial networks.
As our wireless technologies are constantly evolving and winning multiple awards, with funding for next phase secured, and commercial traction demonstrated, we are now looking to on-board a talented Sales and Bid Manager to drive and execute the commercial activities of our organization.
- Scout constantly for institutional government tenders and funds with special focus on space and telecom projects of European agencies and Luxembourg/Greek government.
- Prepare commercial and administrative proposals and lead the technical proposal preparation.
- Ensure bid and tender compliance and deliver on time.
- Manage the tender negotiation process.
- Manage the contractual negotiation process.
- Manage winning projects from tenders.
- Assemble successful consortium of companies for bidding and lead the consortium organization and proposal preparation.
- Project Management of external stakeholders responsible for the delivery of our constellation and products including satellite constellation, launch providers, and regulatory authorities, embedded software systems, user terminals, and modules.
- Project Management of internal development programmes for our software stack, RF equipment, ground stations, core network and integrating that with the tools and systems used in other business areas such as satellite operations or commercial operations.
- Lead the preparation of grant applications and, when successful, manage the reporting to funding body.
- Manage a multidisciplinary team of third-party suppliers and consultants.
- Manage project status reporting to senior management and as well as any project escalations.
- Continues assessment and management of project risks with an emphasis on impact to company strategy.
- Developing and implementing new project tracking methodologies in fast-changing environments.
- Organize and participate in webinars.
- Attend industry trade shows and work closely for with marketing for targeted events preparation.
- Be a vocal advocate for our company culture and values, listen to how the team are doing, and be proactive with initiatives to respond and improve.
- 2 + years’ Demonstrated experience in tender and bid management and preparation for institutes such as: ESA, EU, LSA, Defence Agencies, … etc.
- Project management experience of ESA related projects.
- RFI/RFQ/RFP involvement.
- Strategic Thinker with a Hunter Mentality and strong prospecting skills
- Strong professional sales and presentation skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- A proven track record in a Project Management capacity on some of the following technical disciplines: Embedded Products, RF Systems, Satellite design and manufacturing, Satellite Mission Management, 5G Products
- Experience participating in programmes that use a combination of waterfall and agile project management methods.
- Strong written, communication and organizational skills
- University education within Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or other relevant area. Additional MBA is considered an advantage.
- Languages: English a must, an additional language is a plus.
Benefits*: You will have the best experience of your life with our team! We are a dynamic and adventurous company working on historic mission and we will offer you:
- Attractive financial package with bonus plan
- Pension and health and accident insurance
- Food and shopping vouchers
- The opportunity to travel globally and meet our customers & partners and work from any of our global offices in Europe, Africa, and Middle East
- Training and development opportunities
- Leadership skills and independent decision making
- Flat hierarchy
- Friendly and healthy working environment
- Access to latest hi-tech facilities and tools
- Paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Paid relocation leave
*Benefits are negotiated on a case-by-case basis based on relevant experience and skills.